Counselling | Ardente Consulting Safety Bay WA
- The aim of Ardente Consulting is to heal emotional pain from present and past events by correcting false interpretations of them, expressed as "lie-based thinking". It is commonly recognised that the interpretation or meaning applied to a painful event has a more lasting impact than the experience itself.
- Helen Ardente is a post-graduate qualified professional counsellor situated in Perth Western Australia who uses both standard and Christian methods to provide caring confidential counselling for childhood abuse of any kind, trauma, dissociation, grief and other emotional and relational problems.
- Emotional Grief - Trauma Counselling in Perth
- Relationship - Family Counselling in Perth
- Marriage Counselling in Perth WA
- Dissociation - Dissociative Disorders in Perth WA
- Spiritual Problems
- Phobias - Past Hurts
- Depression Counselling
- Child Abuse Counselling
- Obsessiveness Counselling
- Anger Management
- Suicidality Counselling
- Traumatic Intrusions
- Eating Disorders
- Helen Ardente is a post-graduate qualified professional counsellor who uses both standard and Christian methods to provide caring confidential counselling for childhood abuse of any kind, trauma, dissociation, grief and other emotional and relational problems.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Grad. Dip. Counselling, University of Notre Dame 2002
Bachelor of Science (Nursing), Curtin University 2000
Licentiate in Marriage and Family Counselling, Curtin University /Lifeline 2000
Registered Midwife 1990 (King Edward Memorial Hospital)
Registered General Nurse 1969.
- CURRENT OCCUPATIONS
General Counsellor in Private Practice since January 2000
- PREVIOUS OCCUPATIONS
Counsellor, Lifeline Perth June 2000 to February 2002
Voluntary Telephone Counsellor, Lifeline Perth 1996-2001
Registered Midwife 1990 - 1997
Registered General Nurse 1969 – 2006.
- HELENS GENERAL AND COUNSELLING EDUCATION
March: Anazao Conference: Working with Dissociation and Ritual Abuse.
May: Anazao: Dinner Meeting: Demonstration of Resolution of Dissociation
September: Delphi Centre 3-day Conference: Trauma, Attachment and Dissociation.
Graduate Diploma of Counselling, University of Notre Dame WA
August: Anger Management and PTSD, Claude Chemtob (Australian Centre for Post-traumatic Mental Health).
September: Clinical Skills for Managing PTSD, Leah Giarritano (ACPMH
September: Training the Trainer: Groups for Male Survivors of CSA (Mike Lew).
February: Men’s CSA Workshop, M. Lew & T. Harrington (Melbourne
March: ASTSS & Aust. Centre for Post-traumatic Mental Health; Trauma Treatment Research: Joint Annual Conference, Canberra including Pre-conference Workshop, Prof. Allan Schore: Attachment and the Right Brain – Implications for Trauma Theory.
May: ECOTS (ESTSS) European conference (Edinburgh)
Including workshops on CSA by Laurie A. Pearlman and Christine Courtois.
October: Christian Counsellors’ Association of Australia Conference, NSW
Theme: “Stepping Up”. Keynote speakers: Drs Gary Collins and Irene Brown, Workshops: Supervision; Setting up a Counselling Practice; Body Awareness; Narcissism in Couples Therapy; Developmental Cycles in Spirituality.
Completed Licentiate of Marriage and Family Counselling, through Curtin University School of Social Work Pathways Lifeline Perth.
March: ISTSS World Conference:Trauma Treatment Research (Melbourne)
Including ½ day workshops on: The Self-Trauma Counselling Model, Dr J Briere.
Dissociative Identity Disorder in Children, Hakomi Integrative Somatic Psychotherapy.
March: Hakomi Integrative Somatics Trauma Workshop (Sydney)
April: Existential Dream Exploration, Dr Ernesto Spinelli (Perth).
June: Grief Management Workshop, Dr Robert Neimeyer (Perth)
July to December: Facilitated Grief Support Group, Mandurah WA
September-November: Theophostic Basic Training, Six week course (Perth).
October: Empowerment Therapy Workshop, Dr M Crowley (Melbourne
November: Advanced Theophostic Training, Dr E Smith (Canberra).
Completed Bachelor of Science (Nursing), Curtin University Co-facilitator, WEPT group Mandurah, 10 Week programme (Pathways supervised
Seminar: Vicarious Traumatisation, Dr Laurie Anne Pearlman
Seminar: Aggression in Children and Youth, Dr Ervin Staub.
ARAFMI Voluntary group facilitator for Mental Health Carers.
Adolescent Health Issues 4-day Workshop, Curtin University
Seminar: Understanding Loss of Control, Dr Russell Blacker.
12-week course for Counsellors of Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse,
conducted by Clinical Psychologist John Manners.
Seminar: Assessing Trauma, Dr Eve Carlson.
Seminar: Women’s health issues, including Postnatal Depression.
Seminar: Understanding Anxiety, Dr Russell Blacker.
Certificate of Pastoral Care, Pathways Counselling (1 semester)
24 hour Counselling Course, Relationships Australia
Silver Chain 2 day Grief Support Training Course, Margaret Colvin.
Seminar: Self-Trauma Counselling Model, Dr J Briere, PMH Perth
Staff training - Communication I & 2, Wearne House Nursing Home, Mandurah.
Royal Perth Hospital Palliative Care study day.
Tabor College 3-day Intensive: Psychological Problems.
“Sudden death” seminar, Arthur E Davies, Mandurah (Suicide.
Validation therapy techniques workshop, Wearne House, Mandurah.
Seminar: Dissociative Disorders, Dr J Friesen, PMH ARAFMI Mental Health lectures (series of 9), Fremantle Hospital.
Workshop Series for Counsellors and Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse, Pathways Counselling.
Counsellors Safety Bay WA | Ardente Consulting